Saturday, June 9, 2007

Fishing Kayaks

The purchase of my Tarpon 120 was motivated by having paddled a friend's Pungo 120 which is also built by Wilderness Systems. I used this kayak to tow my float tube to the hot spot on the lake one windy day. (That's it along side my tube in the "Fishing Vessels" picture.) It was a long kick which we did every day but the wind complicated things that day. I'm glad for that complication as it led to me investigating what has happened in the kayak world since I bought my first yak many years ago. I was actually looking to purchase a Pungo which is a sit-in-kayak but with a very large cockpit. A Pungo 120 would be an efficient kayak fishing vessel as well. You can check out different options at:

WILDERNESS SYSTEMS KAYAKS

KAYAK FISHING STUFF

2 comments:

zonker said...

Hey Don --- Great Blog!

I'm looking forward to reading your particular fishing "slant" (which I happen to agree with, as you know)in future posts. Love the kayak.

z~

smallmouth said...

Thank you kind sir!