Thursday, January 15, 2009

Great Fishing Vessels

I am so pleased with the decision to graduate from my old sit in kayak to the Wilderness Systems, sit on top Tarpon. There is no comparison when it comes to convenience, freedom of movement and stability. I can sit sidesaddle like in the picture. I can straddle the yak and I can even kneel and stand. Standing is reserved for poling through shallow flats. (I would not attempt to fish in that position.) Throwing your legs over the side makes it like fishing from a chair. Waders are standard when waters are cool but in summer lightweight "quick dry" pants work well. If you really want to have an armchair fishing experience you can pack your tube. Paddle down to the hotspot and then chill out in the tube. Nothing better for pin point control fishing than the trusty old float tube.
FLOAT TUBE TROUT


1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a cool fishing trip Don
Phil