Friday, July 24, 2009

The Magic Combo


There is nothing more efficient to fish from than a float tube. Hands free fishing, pin point positioning and easy slow trolling make it my favourite fishing platform.


The kayak though is also an excellent trolling machine and equipped with a rudder you can get a controlled wind drift that allows for hands free fishing. And nothing beats a kayak for moving over the water (unless you're into motors).


I will often tie my inflated float tube on top of the tankwell at the rear of my yak. When I reach my fishing destination I can tie the kayak to an onshore tree and put on my fins and fish most efficiently from a fully loaded float tube. If I choose to, I can switch back to the yak whenever I feel so inclined. This is definitely an awesome combo for "silent sports" flyfishermen.


No comments: