Monday, January 30, 2012



MY NEW STAND UP YAK


After enjoying a fishing session with my grandaughter in my old canoe I started to save for the Wilderness Commander 120. This kayak with it's "captain's perch" would enable me to paddle her around while she fishes. With the sliding seat and the Captain's chair the yak effectively becomes a tandem for grandfather and his fishing buddy. I was extremely fortunate and was able to purchase this "angler version" for less than half price at a year end close out back in November. Now this cold ice and snow needs to go away. I'm really anxious to get this yak on the water. 


On my way home from the dealer. I was able to test it out on a nearby lake. It paddles and tracks really well for having a pontoon style hull. I didn't notice it being any slower than my 12 foot Tarpon. I checked out standing capability and it works. This is going to be my "flyfishing machine".

No comments: