Saturday, July 21, 2007

SHORE CAUGHT RAINBOW


After much consideration I have decided to add a pontoon boat to my collection of flyfishing vessels. The two fellows I float the local rivers with both use pontoons and with my kayak I am always ahead of them. (especially if we fish a lake) I figured with the three of us in pontoons it would keep us together like the 3 Musketeers. "One for all and all for one!"
After a nice outing in my tube on Thursday, the best fish was taken from shore while casting an extremely small rabbit fur streamer that I tied up to imitate the abundant pinhead minnows in these trout ponds.
I'm hoping to pick up my Fish cat Pontoon before I leave for my annual bluegill trip. Don't laugh the bluegills are a blast on a 3 weight flyrod. They are all pretty much the size of the one at the top of my BLOG and they give an excellent account of themselves. Makes you feel like a kid again!

1 comment:

zonker said...

So... you're gonna make the jump. Sounds like good logic. There are some sound advantages with a pontoon. Too bad there isn't one boat that does it all. But then again, maybe that wouldn't be much fun. :-)

Nice pic of the rainbow. The reel in that picture looks strangely familiar. Would that be a Pfleuger Trion?